Workshop on Listening Across Boundaries | World Listening Day 2022
Data Science + Eco-Action
JOIN US FOR A WORKSHOP ON THE AUDIOMOTH, A LOW-COST, FULL-SPECTRUM ACOUSTIC DATA LOGGER LED BY CRIA ANNE MADIGAN KAY.
This year’s World Listening Day theme is Listening Across Boundaries, created by musician and marine biologist Heather R. Spence.
When: 1-2pm, Saturday, July 16, 2022
Where: Comfort Station, 2579 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago, IL 60647
Admission free, donations welcome.
What is an AudioMoth?
One of the fantastic things about the AudioMoth is that it can record anything that makes noise – from ultrasonic bat calls to anthropogenic noise.
The workshop will cover the following steps and topics:
- Brief background into the science of acoustic ecology
- What AudioMoths are and why they have changed the field
- Scientific applications – the Silent Cities (covid-sound) project and the UWIN project
- AudioMoth operations (the programming that comes with it – the wide applications of the device)
- Free Machine Learning tool (BirdNet) available for processing bird song
- Time for you to check out the device, ask questions, experiment with the software, etc.
Questions? Contact us on MSAE’s Facebook Page